Friday, January 28, 2011

Just Call me Martha!




I have been out of commission with a terrible head cold for most of the week, but before I got the plague, I was busy becoming the next Martha Stewart.  My mom has always been a great sewer, so naturally, she tried to pass that along to me when I was living at home; however, it never really stuck.  She even offered to buy me sewing lessons for Christmas one year in high school, but I never took her up on the offer and I cannot tell you how many times over the years I have kicked myself for that.  Last year, I expressed my newfound desire to sew, and low and behold my mom bought me a sewing machine for Christmas!  I broke it out this week, and I was so proud of myself for using the manual and setting up the machine myself.  It took me FOREVER, but it was so gratifying when I sewed that first stitch!  I almost couldn't believe it when the machine actually made a straight stitch!  And my sweet husband brought me home a beautiful gerber daisy to celebrate the accomplishment. :)


I hope you enjoy the weekend!  We have a lot of plans to clean house and relax.

5 comments:

Elizabeth Faulk said...

I like the new look of the blog. Very clean and crisp. Have a great weekend!

Amanda said...

Thanks! I was ready for something different! One of these days I am going to design a header with some pictures....

Anna Quartuccio said...

I know my Mom and I have had the same conversation's I was laughing when i read this, because i got my Machine last year from my aunt and i felt the same way after spending an ungodly amount of time reading the manual and making my first stitch! sow away...
I would love to hang out again let me know what you think?

Amanda said...

Anna, why on Earth did we not listen to our mothers? How much time and grief it would have saved us! We should definitely hang out again soon!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading/following your page.Please keep it coming. Cheers!