Friday, January 14, 2011

Coffee Shops


I just love them!  They are always so warm and cozy and inviting.  I have not always loved coffee, but I have loved coffee shops since early college.  Ann, my roommate during college, introduced me to Chai Mai Chai Tea, now Big Train Chai Tea , during our sophomore year.  I fell in love with it and luckily every coffee shop in Auburn had this wonderful treat.  Chai tea was the extent of my coffee shop experience until my fifth year at Auburn when I started waking up really early to finish my accounting research projects and one of my roommates had a coffee maker.  After that, I became an avid coffee drinker and now have it pretty much every morning.  But my love of coffee shops does not come from the coffee itself, while very tasty, but from that fact that I would often meet friends there to catch up on life.  I have the fondest memories of my coffee dates with friends and will always love coffee shops because of that.  When I enter a coffee shop, I feel like I have left the hussle and bussle of life and have entered a quiet, comforting haven.  


Mitch and I have found a wonderful place about three blocks from our house to grab coffee and a pastry.  We go there at least once a week and usually more.  They have the most amazing almond croissants you will ever have!  And they make delightful desserts as well.  If you are ever in Williamsburg and are looking for a cup of coffee or pastry, you must make your way to Margo Patisserie Cafe.  It is amazing!  And if you come to visit, I promise to take you there!  Also, during one of my  many walks about the neighborhood, I noticed this coffee shop off the beaten path with no name, just a blue bottle on the window.  I was intrigued, but not enough to go in....until I heard about it one of my favorite blogs, Today's Letters.  My interest grew, and today I went for the first time.  They slow drip every cup of coffee, so don't go if you are in a hurry, but it was a wonderful cup of joe!  Seriously, the coffee is superb, and I will definitely be taking Mitch back there, but I think Margo's will remain my location of choice to meet friends.


Does anyone else love coffee shops as much as I do?


I hope ya'll have a wonderful weekend, and I am going to run because the lovely Sarah Godwin is on her way to see us and there is much to be done around the house!  


**The picture above is our favorite coffee place in Crozet.

No comments: