Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Rain and Christmas Music

I just experienced one of the trials of living in New York City, the rain!  When I woke up this morning, I noticed that it was extra windy outside, but I didn't think too much about it.  I got ready to take Bo for our morning walk and to doggy daycare and on a last minute thought grabbed my raincoat since there was a chance of rain (I decided against the umbrella because of the wind).  We got outside and it was as windy as predicted and it was misting just a little bit, but no big deal.....until I turned the corner of our block and almost got blown away with a gust of wind and a flood of rain.  I stayed dedicated to the task at hand, get the dog to the park so he can go to the bathroom, but I would be lying if I said that I didn't think about quitting halfway through.  By the time I got Bo to doggy daycare, we were both a wet mess.  The daycare owner took one look at us and couldn't help but chuckle.  By the time I got home, my face was dripping rain and I looked like I had just jumped in a pool.  Needless to say, I will be asking for these rain boots for Christmas because I hear they are the best for rain and snow.  It was quite the experience and luckily made me laugh instead of cry.  


When I got home wet from head to toe, all I wanted to do was throw on sweats, drink a cup of coffee and listen to Christmas music.  So I grabbed one of my Christmas china mugs and had a wonderful cup of coffee spiced with cinnamon and listened to one of my favorite Christmas albums.  These are my two favorite Christmas albums (one and two) what are yours?


The next time when it is raining and all you have to do is run from your house to the car, say a little prayer of thanks because I know I never gave it a second thought....until I was walking down the street soaked in rain and car less.

1 comment:

Christopher said...

Great Story Amanda, it reminds me of how I keep telling Kala that I wish we had more of an urban lifestyle where I could walk to the store and to run errands and she keeps telling me that with an urban lifestyle, you have to walk no matter the conditions. We had a pretty rainy day here in Atlanta yesterday and I had parked four blocks away from the office, by the time I arrived at my car completely soaked, I was rethinking my comments and was thankful for my car.