Saturday, September 1, 2012

And We're Back!


I have been quite blog delinquent, but I am going to try and be better about keeping up-to-date. Miss May has certainly been taking all of my energy; however, it is time to give my brain other things to think about besides crawling, diapers, teething and separation anxiety.

One of the things I miss about living in The South are the really cute gift boutiques that every town has, no matter how big or small. I love browsing the pretty stationary and beautiful housewares. It is easy to stop in and grab a quick birthday gift for a friend or a hostess gift for the party you are headed to that evening. The boutique gift stores up here are usually either incredibly expensive or not quite my taste; however, Pink Olive is exactly what I have been looking for. I read about their new East Village shop, so May and I headed over last week to investigate. I stayed in the approx. 200 square foot store for a good thirty minutes because there was something new to look at everywhere I turned. It was incredible and gave me the taste of home I was craving. I am so happy to know where I can go for the perfect gift for friends (and a little something fun for myself as well).

Picture by Miha Matei via Pink Olive

1 comment:

Beth said...

so glad you are blogging again. welcome back!